I recently had the chance to spend 10 Days traveling in Sri Lanka and fly for the first time with SriLankan Airlines in Economy Class on a return ticket from London to Colombo.
This article summarizes my experience flying with SriLankan Airlines and includes an in-depth review of the service and a section with some of the most frequently asked questions.
SriLankan Airlines is the leading airline and national carrier of Sri Lanka. It is part of the ‘One World’ alliance and flies nowadays to more than 50 countries.
Table of Contents
- SriLankan Airlines Review – An Honest Economy Class Review
- How is flying with SriLankan Airlines – My personal experience in Economy Class
- SriLankan Airlines FAQs
- Planning a trip to Sri Lanka
SriLankan Airlines Review – An Honest Economy Class Review
My first impression of flying with SriLankan Airlines is indeed very positive. Here is a compilation of some facts I’ve put together based on my experience flying with Sri Lankan Airlines.
- Fast luggage check-in with several functional counters.
- Boarding was done efficiently in both airports.
- Both departures took place at the expected local time
- Aisles were wide inside the airplane and seats were comfortable.
- The airplane looked fairly new and quite clean.
- They provide a ‘travel kit’ (pillow, blanket, and headphones) for international flights.
- Two meals were included in each flight. The food was pretty decent and they offered water and other drinks, during the rest of the flight.
- Sri Lankan Airlines staff respects sleeping times. They won’t disturb you until it is time for another meal. This one I truly value!
- The entertainment offer is wide (movies, series, books, international news, and mini-games amongst others. You can also check the remaining flight hours and track the route on a 3D map.
- The SriLankan Airlines staff treatment was one of the most remarkable facts and one of the main reasons I would fly again with this company.
- The baggage collection was also quite agile and something to note is that my suitcase was intact (after some bad experiences with airlines in Europe, this is much appreciated).
``SriLankan Airlines Meal``
How is flying with SriLankan Airlines – My personal experience in Economy Class
To understand my positive review of SriLankan Airlines, I would like to mention a couple of misadventures that happened during the flight back home and how these were seamlessly resolved by the airline staff members:
- My screen wasn’t working and the staff offered me to move to a different seat, so I could keep watching movies. Mini point for SriLankan Airlines!
- On particularly strong turbulence, a kettle fell into a passenger’s knee. The staff apologized several times, they brought some ice to help with the pain and even helped to apply the cream to the passenger’s knee. During the rest of the trip, the staff asked the passenger how she was feeling and they ended up chatting and joking about the whole thing.
- A passenger fainted during the flight and the fast and efficient reaction of the flight staff in finding a doctor a-board, helped the passenger recover without sequels.
Overall, my review based on my first time flying with SriLankan Airlines is very positive. They are hiring qualified, caring, and understanding employees that are happy to help passengers at all times and that are willing to take health and safety measures seriously. I truly think that this airline is coming to strongly position itself at the top of the world airlines due to its high standards and excellent on-board customer service.
``SriLankan Airlines screen``
SriLankan Airlines FAQs
Here is a compilation of some of the most frequently asked questions. The links below are shortcuts to the SriLankan Airlines official website.
SriLankan Airlines Ticket Price
if you’re planning a trip to Sri Lanka, you can click here and check their prices.
SriLankan Airlines Online Check-In
Here is the shortcut to the SriLankan Airlines Check-in Page.
SriLankan Airlines Contact Number
You can contact SriLankan Airlines in different ways. The link includes their contact number, email, and live chat for urgent questions.
How many Kg are allowed on SriLankan Airlines
SriLankan Airlines economy class baggage allowance is 30Kg and 40Kg for business class. You can check this link for more information on baggage regulations.
Is PCR test required for SriLankan Airlines
SriLankan Airlines has a page where you can check the latest updates before you travel.
``SriLankan Airlines Air hostess``
Planning a trip to Sri Lanka
You might be interested to check my 10-Day Sri Lanka Itinerary to get some ideas on what to see, where to say, and how to move around the island.
However, if you prefer to book your trip with a local company directly and forget about the daily planning and logistics, you can check out some of the best-rated guided tours reviewed by other travelers.
Was this article helpful? Let me know in the comments!
Plan your trip: A quick guide to book your next adventure now
This is a detailed guide that will help you plan your trip from scratch and successfully prepare everything ahead of your departure. I follow these steps to book my trips and now you can do the exact same!
Purchase your flight
I use Skyscanner to book my flights since I can have oversight on the best deals. Alternatively, I use Kiwi.com
Book your accommodation
For many years now I’ve used Booking.com to find the best hotel deals. Hostelworld is my go-to for hostels.
Don’t forget your travel insurance
My favorite companies are SafetyWing (best relation product/value) and IATI Seguros (for Spanish speakers).
Choose your tours
I love traveling on my own, but for those activities that I need to pre-book I use Get Your Guide, Viator, and Civitatis.
Discover Cars, is the company that works best to rent a car. For transportation in Central America, I use GuateGo.
Check out the list I’ve put together with my favorite travel gear and travel resources to help you pack for your trip.
LIKE THIS POST? PIN AND SAFE FOR LATER
I really appreciate the fact that you have shared details about srilankan airlines for the readers to get a full grasp. A fast check-in procedure is always a plus while travelling by flight. The travellers have no time to waste and this is surely to encourage their choices. I loved the pictures shared in the post too.
Thank you for your comment. I am always happy to write about those experiences that went well on my travels
I have never travelled by the srilankan airlines but was always curious to know what the experience would be like. This post helped to clear many of my doubts and misconceptions. I loved the travel kit part in SRI Lankan Airlines. Keep sharing such honest reviews. The pictures used are also wonderful.